Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
so basically an athlete can't do any good...b/c it somehow has a second meaning and they don't care about anyone but themselves
now that's a pretty pessimistic view on life and i wonder what would be said if someone said the same about you if you made a lot of money??
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
how is michael vick going to know he said it...are you going to tell him yourself or something because obviously you know all of his issues and his off the field relations
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
haha you're [censored] clueless
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
I didn't want to get involved in the Vick discussion, but since your post said "none of them (athletes)" and "all of the charity" I have to disagree. Dikembe Mutombo has been establishing a hospital in Africa for years. David Robinson has a school in San Antonio he founded. Steve Smith, the ex NBA player, donated millions to Michigan State for a library I believe. Tiger Woods has his foundation which has raised millions for children. Unfortunately, these type of guys are the exception, but they are doing this work and should be the role models we want our kids to look up to.
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
call it racist if you want,and i know for one i am not, but i cant stand it when the race card is pulled out over everything
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
[ QUOTE ]
how is michael vick going to know he said it...are you going to tell him yourself or something because obviously you know all of his issues and his off the field relations
[/ QUOTE ]
Amen and pass the cornbread. As I said before, I don't see how any of this discussion even matters..
As I said numerous times:
He's going to get paid and will be an extremely popular player in the NFL no matter what people say or think about him.
Who cares if someone doesn't like him? Who cares if several people on this board tend to view him as a "thug?" How is he ever going to know or even care what we think?
Simple answer: He won't and never will.
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
what did any of your reply have to do with the quote? which wasn't something i'd be quoting if you're lookin for any credibility
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
[ QUOTE ]
what did any of your reply have to do with the quote? which wasn't something i'd be quoting if you're lookin for any credibility
[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously get fired up over what people are saying about Vick on here, and what I quoted is basically reinforcing the "What does it matter?" aspect of the entire argument.
My point in my reply is that Vick won't ever care about what's said on here, nor will he care about what anyone on here thinks or says about him - so even if you are a fan of him you shouldn't be so offended that other people don't idolize the guy.
Of course, I know that this won't stop you nor other people from constantly arguing back and forth about professional athletes and whether or not they're good or bad (whether it be their personal life or their performance on the field), but this is just my personal view on these types of arguments.
I like Brett Favre as a player, but when someone on here says that he sucks or that he should retire, I don't jump in and pound them. I really don't care what they think - it's just my opinion and, hell, they're entitled to theirs, too.
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
i wouldn't care either, if it weren't unfounded
a guy made a claim that Vick only gave money to charity for a tax break...i asked if he were rich and gave money to charity would he like it if people talked that way about him
wtf does that have to do with me knowing Vick or telling Vick something or Vick reading this dang board...nothing...that's why i replied with him being clueless, because he is...and you're kinda notorious for being clueless so i guess i should've expected you to use another clueless person to quote
Re: Vick will apparently be exonerated
[ QUOTE ]
and you're kinda notorious for being clueless so i guess i should've expected you to use another clueless person to quote
[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not notorious for being clueless, I'm notorious for making a bad first impression by saying exactly what I thought, then being jumped on constantly since then for every little mistake that I've made.
The mix-up between "segregation" and "consolidation" that I had a long time ago is a great example.
By the time I made that mistake, people already hated me because of what I had said previously about some athletes in the LPD (not going back over that again), and therefore they would look for any details possible to nail me on and put me down. Those types of mistakes weren't because I didn't know what I was talking about - they were because I simply screwed up when trying to get my point across, which is something that everyone does every now and then whether or not they'd like to admit it.
It's the same thing with Vick being a "thug" and me being an "idiot." Both are caused by bad images and bad impressions.
I'll go ahead and tell you right now that I'm not an idiot - I'm actually an intelligent and FRIENDLY guy who loves to watch football (and, of course, loves computers!) - but when I'm constantly insulted and labeled as a "moron" or this and that in half of the posts I make, it's hard not to make myself look like an idiot because it makes me angry that I can't have a decent discussion without being tossed out to dry. I try and want to fit in, but most of the time I'm not even given a chance. This is what has made me want to leave this board on many occasions. This is (literally) the only forum I've ever been on in which I've constantly suffered personal insults and attacks because of my personal beliefs.
Knowing that this post will have no effect whatsoever, I've about given up on even trying to put it into words. The more I talk, the more I'll give for people to throw right back into my face.
I'm done.